Monday, February 28, 2011

Hello!

Hi there!
I thought I would share a little background on my first post here : )

My name is Ashley.
I'm 20 years old.
I am happily married to my U.S. Navy sailor.
We are stationed in San Diego, CA.
I love to bake and decorate.

Enough said? I guess not.

It might interesting to know how I got started.. In high school, I had a friend who made cupcakes for all of our special occasions. They were from a box mix, but she added a 'special ingredient' and lots of food coloring. They were extra gooey, extra sugary, and extra fun to eat. I never wanted to intrude on her cupcakes, that was her thing. So when I found out that she didn't have time to make cupcakes for one of our best friend's birthdays, I jumped right in. I wanted to make something original, and because of an inside joke that my friends and I shared, I made cupcakes that looked like corn on the cob. They were a huge hit, and from then on, my love for baking and decorating grew. Since then, I have taken every opportunity to bake for family, friends and my hubby's work events. And now I would love to share my work with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment